Time-Based Single Water Softeners
About Time-Based Regeneration for Water Softeners:
Single Water Softeners with a timed valve, also referred to as "Time Clock Softeners", are programmed to regenerate at a specific time of day. They are usually scheduled to regenerate at 2am, when the demands for soft water are expected to be very low. These can be set to regenerate after a specific number of days, or on certain days of the week.
About Water Softening:
Hard Water contains dissolved minerals in the form of Calcium (Ca), Magnesium (Mg), and Iron (Fe). Removal of these minerals is accomplished by softening the water through an ion exchange process using a water softener. As the water flows through the mineral tank of the water softener, the dissolved minerals become attached to the resin, creating soft water. Over a period of time the resin in the water softener will become exhausted, and the water softener will regenerate using a brine solution produced from the salt in the brine tank.
Advantages to Using a Water Softener:
- Higher Quality Drinking Water
- Prevents Hard Water Scale
- Prevents Staining on Bathroom & Kitchen Fixtures as well as Dishes, Dishwasher, Washing Machine and Clothes
- Significantly Reduces Soap and Cleaning Product Consumption
- Provides Excellent Grooming & Cosmetic Benefits
- Reduces Water Heating Costs
- Prolongs the Life of Water Heaters, Icemakers, Dishwashers, Coffeemakers and Plumbing Fixtures.