5" Standard | 0.5 Micron | Chlorine & Cyst | KX MATRIKX CR1
KX MATRIKX CTO 0.6 Micron Extruded Activated Carbon Block Filter
5 Inch Standard Size | 19-250-125-050
High Capacity Chlorine Taste & Odor Reduction with Cyst, Turbidity & VOC Reduction
KX Technologies MATRIKX CR1 is the most effective filter available for the combined reduction of cysts and control of large volumes and concentrations of chlorine taste and odor. Manufactured using KX’s patented, solid-state extrusion process, the KX Technologies MATRIKX CR1 meets NSF/ANSI Standard 53, Turbidity and Cyst Reduction, including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma.
5" Standard MATRIKX CR1 Specifications
Benefits of KX MATRIKX Extruded Carbon Filters
- Chemical Adsorption: KX MATRIKX® CR1® filters offer high levels of chemical reduction in potable drinking water, including chlorine taste and odor.
- Particulate, Cyst and Turbidity Reduction: KX MATRIKX® CR1® filters meet NSF/ANSI Standard 53, Turbidity and Cyst Reduction, including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma. Graded-density filtration combined with high dirt capacity extruded activated carbon provide several times greater life than molded filters.
- No release of carbon fines: Extruded carbon filters do not release activated carbon particles ("gray water") during startup or operation. Extensive flushing or "activation" of extruded filter elements is not required.
- No channeling, fluidizing, or bypassing: Extruded carbon is a rigid structure that prevents movement of the adsorbent particles or the formation of channels and defects in the adsorbent structure.
- Low pressure drop: Water flows through an extruded filter element in the "radial" direction (from the outside of the filter element to the inside). This results in nearly fifteen times more prefiltration surface area and a much lower flow "density".
- Low binder content and high dirt capacity: Only a small amount of thermoplastic binder is used in the extrusion process, about one-half of what is used in a molded carbon block.
About KX MATRIKX CR1 Chlorine, Taste & Odor, Cyst, Turbidity Reduction Filters
The extrusion process allows the production of a carbon block with more carbon, but a lower pressure drop. This enables a MATRIKX CR1 filter to deliver extended life while removing sediment, chlorine taste and odor and organic contaminants from water, aqueous solutions or suspensions. The KX Industries MATRIKX CR1 is ideal for use in residential and commercial water purification systems, food service, pre- and post-RO systems.
MATRIKX CTO or GAC? The KX Technologies MATRIKX CR1 is manufactured from high purity acid- washed activated carbon. Its dirt-holding capacity and the absence of carbon fines make the MATRIKX CR1 the filter of choice. A Superior carbon block, MATRIKX CR1 combines both high performance and integrity with an exceptional cost- to-performance value.For more information, please visit this products webpage.