11.75" Culligan Replacement | KX MATRIKX CTO Carbon Block Filter | 5 Micron
Benefits of KX MATRIKX Extruded Carbon Filters
- Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction as well as Dirt and Sediment Removal: for better tasting drinking water, and protection of downstream equipment.
- No release of carbon fines: Extruded carbon filters do not release activated carbon particles ("gray water") during startup or operation. Extensive flushing or "activation" of extruded filter elements is not required.
- No channeling, fluidizing, or bypassing: Extruded carbon is a rigid structure that prevents movement of the adsorbent particles or the formation of channels and defects in the adsorbent structure.
- Low pressure drop: Water flows through an extruded filter element in the "radial" direction (from the outside of the filter element to the inside). This results in nearly fifteen times more prefiltration surface area and a much lower flow "density".
- Low binder content and high dirt capacity: Only a small amount of thermoplastic binder is used in the extrusion process, about one-half of what is used in a molded carbon block.
About KX MATRIKX CTO Chlorine, Taste & Odor Reduction Filters
KX MATRIKX CTO filters are the most widely used carbon block devices in the world and provide previously unattainable performance at the lowest price point. MATRIKX CTO filters simultaneously remove chlorine taste and odor and organic chemicals that contribute to taste and odor while providing the particulate filtration and dirt-holding capacity of an efficient 5 µm nominal sediment filter. These filters are optimized for applications where they perform the role of both a sediment and activated carbon filter.
The extrusion process allows the production of a carbon block with more carbon, but a lower pressure drop. This enables a MATRIKX CTO filter to deliver extended life while removing sediment, chlorine taste and odor and organic contaminants from water, aqueous solutions or suspensions. The MATRIKX CTO is also widely used in filtering organic solvents. The MATRIKX CTO is ideal for use in residential and commercial water purification systems, food service, pre- and post-RO systems.
MATRIKX CTO or GAC? The MATRIKX CTO is manufactured from high purity acid-washed activated carbon. Its dirt-holding capacity and the absence of carbon fines make the MATRIKX CTO the filter of choice. A Superior carbon block, MATRIKX +CTO/2 combines both high performance and integrity with an exceptional cost-to-performance value.