10" Standard | KX 0.5 Micron Carbon Block Filter with Lead & Cyst Reduction
- Buy 20 for $11.50 each and save 27%
KX MATRIKX Pb1 Lead, VOC, Cyst, Chlorine, Chloramine, Taste and Odor Reduction
10 Inch Standard Size | 06-250-10-MATRIKX | 0.5 Micron | Replaces 06-250-125-975 & 06-250-10-GREEN
The KX MATRIKX Pb1 is a powerful, multifunctional filter cartridge for residential and commercial water treatment, providing exceptional lead and cyst reduction (including Cryptosporidium, Giardia, Entamoeba and Toxoplasma). KX MATRIKX Pb1 activated carbon block filters reduce soluble lead using an ion-exchange filter medium with high specificity for soluble lead. Particulate filtration is used to intercept insoluble lead-containing particles. Manufactured with KX’s proprietary extrusion process, MATRIKX Pb1 filters offer high levels of chemical reduction in potable drinking water, including chlorine taste and odor.
KX MATRIKX 06-250-10-MATRIKX is the factory recommended direct replacement for 06-250-125-975 and 06-250-10-GREEN, which have been discontinued by the manfuacturer and are no longer available.
Matrikx® Pb1® Carbon Block Filters now Feature Chloramine Reduction.
Specifications for 10" Matrikx Pb1
Benefits of KX MATRIKX Extruded Carbon Filters
- Chlorine Taste and Odor Reduction as well as Dirt and Sediment Removal: for better tasting drinking water, and protection of downstream equipment.
- No release of carbon fines: Extruded carbon filters do not release activated carbon particles ("gray water") during startup or operation. Extensive flushing or "activation" of extruded filter elements is not required.
- No channeling, fluidizing, or bypassing: Extruded carbon is a rigid structure that prevents movement of the adsorbent particles or the formation of channels and defects in the adsorbent structure.
- Low pressure drop: Water flows through an extruded filter element in the "radial" direction (from the outside of the filter element to the inside). This results in nearly fifteen times more prefiltration surface area and a much lower flow "density".
- Low binder content and high dirt capacity: Only a small amount of thermoplastic binder is used in the extrusion process, about one-half of what is used in a molded carbon block.
About KX MATRIKX Sustainability
Matrikx® filters are made from 100% coconut shell carbon, a renewable, and ecologically sustainable material. The carbon is processed into blocks using a unique binder system and proprietary manufacturing techniques to produce filters with a greater number of micro-pores and available carbon surface area, which display superior adsorption capacity and kinetic dynamics.