AMI calcite filter cartridges are filled with 100% calcite media to naturally remineralize acidic drinking waters, raising the pH and alkalinity to a non-corrosive equilibrium. Calcite, a naturally occurring mineral, is self-limiting - dissolving only enough to increase the water's alkalinity to reach a non-aggressive, non-corrosive level. AMI calcite mineral cartridges are designed to fit standard filter housings for ease of compatibility .
The actual dimensions of AMI 10" Big Blue Calcite Cartridge are 4.5" Diamter x 9-3/4" Length, and fit #10 Big Blue filter housings with outside dimensions of approximately 7.5" OD x 13" height.
Features and Benefits of AMI Calcite Filter Cartridges
- Built-in 100 micron reticulated poly foam pre filter to prevent contamination buildup in the resin bed
- Built-in 20 micron spun-bonded polypropylene post filter to prevent media fines from being washed out of the filter cartridge
- Raises pH of water to a non-corrosive equilibrium
- Reduces Leaching of Metal Plumbing Components and Copper Piping
- Contains 100% calcite filtration media, a naturally occurring mineral
- Low uniformity coefficient for maximum contact
- Slower Reacting for controlled pH correction
- Standard Cartridge Design Fits Most Standard Residential and Commercial Filter Housings
- Assembled and Quality Tested in the USA in an ISO 9001-2015 QMS Certified Facility
*The capacities listed above are an approximate idea of the life of calcite for PH adjustment. The actual value will depend on many factors including the flow rate, water TDS, etc. Use this information as a reference only. These are not guaranteed values.
| || |
||Neutralize Low pH Drinking Water
|Nominal Filter Size:
||10" Big Blue
4.5" Dia. x 9.75" Length
|For Housing Size:
||Fits #10BB (#10 Big Blue) - Approx. Outside Dimensions: 7.5"OD x 13"H
|For Filter Housings:
||Pentek Pentair #10BB, Big Blue, Big Black, Big Clear, and Big White Heavy Duty, American Plumber,
3M Aqua-Pure, Cuno, Culligan HD-950
GE, Hydronix, Whirlpool, or any housing designed to accept 10" Big Blue Filters.
|Maximum Flow Rate:
||26,737 gallons @ 10 ppm Free CO2
13,369 gallons @ 20 ppm Free CO2
8,912 gallons @ 30 ppm Free CO2
6,684 gallons @ 40 ppm Free CO2
5,347 gallons @ 50 ppm Free CO2
4,456 gallons @ 20 ppm Free CO2
| || |